Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Body Biography of Charles Darnay


In a Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens; Charles Darnay the main character portrays himself out to be a caring and loving individual towards Lucie by telling Dr.Mannette (Lucie's father). "Dear Doctor Manette, always knowing this hollowed light about you. I have forbone, and forbone, as long as it was in the nature of man to do it. I have felt, and do even now feel, that to bring my love-even mine- between you, is to touch your history with something not quite so good as itself. But I love her, Heaven is my witness" (Dickens 102). In this quote Charles Darnay expresses his feelings for Lucie showing that he cares for her deeply. Doctor Manette comes to know of this and acknowledges Darnay's request.

No comments:

Post a Comment